Summary of Benefits and Fees for Associates
1 – Benefits Package for Associates who are Sector Leaders
- The opportunity to lead and collaborate with others to stimulate new bionic healthcare discoveries and build a multi-region industry cluster. Sector Leaders commit to active involvement for at least three years to proactively support Bionics Queensland in fulfilling its vision.
- Sector Leaders with appropriate expertise and credentials can express their interest in participating in the Executive Group (up to 8 organisations) of the Leadership Council. This Council chaired by the CEO is a project leadership team that will pursue cross-institutional bionics projects, major grants and research funds and spearhead local and global innovation challenges.
- Participation of Associates in the Executive Group enables a far-reaching involvement in Bionics Queensland’s initiatives. All Associates can participate in the wider suite of projects and initiatives of the Council.
- A recognised Bionics Queensland ‘ambassador’ role, stimulating ground-breaking bionics R&D, product or process design, manufacture and commercialisation. Sector leaders will play a vital role in promoting new research, and, encouraging people living with disabilities and chronic health conditions to provide a new level of input to the design of bionic solutions.
- A recognised role in shaping plans for a Human Bionics Living Laboratory. Bionics Queensland will also progressively develop stand-out interactive learning exhibits and technology-driven bionics discovery environments.
- The opportunity to showcase human bionics breakthroughs, products, treatments and services in major health and education precincts and interactive learning spaces.
- Be eligible to co-fund and co-brand a Chair in Bionics i.e. one or more appointments of this nature pending available funds and personnel to accelerate progress in fast moving areas of medical bionics.
- The opportunity to co-design, host and sponsor Bionics Queensland events e.g. an annual bionics congress or symposium; consumer forums, innovation workshops and vertical collaboration events (designed to fast track product development and end user access to market-ready bionics products and devices).
Participate in the development and implementation of a ‘Bionics Queensland Roadmap and Action Plan’ outlining the steps we will take to create a unique, Queensland-based bionics industry cluster.
- Invitations to select bionics events and conferences showcasing bionics insights and discoveries.
- Opportunities to feature in Bionics Queensland national and global publicity efforts on bionics science, technology, engineering, product or service breakthroughs.
- Inclusion in a Sector Leaders showcase within a world-class bionics discovery library developed progressively and collaboratively with Associates.
- Participation in the benefit package for the Associate’s lead representative and up to four other representatives.
Fee Structure for Associates who are Sector Leaders
|Fees for Sector Leaders Associates||Annual Fee|
|Note 1: Annual fees are paid in advance of the subsequent year.
Note 2: Organisations with <$5M pa in revenue should apply as appropriate within the Other Associates categories – ‘Small health, education, professional service providers and small charities’ or ‘Entrepreneurs, innovators and SMEs’.
|Large hospital and health organisations, education and/or research leaders, industry and corporate leaders (with turnover of $1b pa or above)||$50,000|
|Under 1 billion pa||$40,000|
|Under $500m pa||$30,000|
|Under $250m pa||$15,000|
|Under $10m pa||$5,000|
2 – Benefits Package for all other Associates (not applying as Sector Leaders)
- Participation in Bionics Queensland Leadership Council projects and activities. The Council will design projects that tap into the diverse skills/ expertise of all Associates and will also leverage the skills and interests of Affiliates, including students.
- Opportunity to lead a Bionics Queensland project team e.g. new research and innovation projects, industry-wide learning events and mentoring activities.
- Associates will be actively encouraged to build new relationships and collaborations to leverage and benefit from their Bionics Queensland participation.
- The opportunity to co-design, host, sponsor and/or deliver papers at Bionics Queensland events e.g. an annual bionics congress or symposium; consumer forums, innovation workshops and vertical collaboration training events.
- The chance to showcase your ideas, new devices, technologies, products and services at Bionics Queensland events and/or exhibition displays
Participation in the development and implementation of a Bionics Queensland Roadmap and Action Plan.
- Pathways to participate in the creation of a bionics discovery library and proposed multi-site, multi-partner Human Bionics Living Laboratory. Our Associate level benefit packages will provide a number of unique benefits linked to these proposed projects.
- Opportunities to be featured in Bionics Queensland national and global publicity on our region’s breakthroughs in bionics science, technology, engineering, product or service development.
- Progressive updates on new insights, discoveries and case studies i.e. bionics breakthroughs, products and services featured on our Bionics Queensland website.
Fee structures for Industry Associates:
|Fees for Industry Associates - Innovators, Scientists and Small to Medium Enterprises||Annual Fee|
|Note: Annual fees are paid in advance of the subsequent year.|
|Under $5 million pa||$3,500|
|Under $2 million pa||$2,500|
|Under $1 million pa||$1,250|
|Under $500,000 pa||$750|
|Fees for Industry Associates - Small health, education, professional service providers|
|Note: Annual fees are paid in advance of the subsequent year.|
|Under $5 million pa||$2,500|
|Under $2 million pa||$1,500|
|Under $1 million pa||$750|
|Under $500,000 pa||$500|
Annual fee payments of Associates and Affiliates will remain current for twelve (12) months from the date of payment. Bionics Queensland will maintain an up-to-date Register of Associates and Affiliates.
Invoices must be paid within one month of the date of renewal each year. Consideration will be given to Associates on a case by case basis if there is a request for renewal payments to be made on a twice yearly basis. The Board of Bionics Queensland and its Associates and Affiliates will work together in a cooperative way to jointly progress a shared vision for the organisation and the growth of Queensland’s bionics eco-system and business cluster.
All applicants seeking Sector Leader Associate status must commit to active involvement for at least three years with the capacity to pay the agreed annual fees.
All individuals and organisations who join Bionics Queensland must act in a way that does not adversely impact the image, reputation or working relationships of the organisation, its members and other Associates and Affiliates.