Summary of Benefits and Fees for Associates of Bionics Queensland
1 – Benefits Package for Associates who are Sector Leaders
- Eligibility to participate in the Bionics Queensland Leadership Council (Executive Group) – Associates who are Sector leaders and paying fees of $50,000 per annum are eligible to nominate a lead representative from their organisation for inclusion in the Executive Group of the Bionics Queensland Leadership Council (chaired by the CEO). The CEO will decide the final composition of this Executive Group. Bionics Queensland will be a small entity over Years 1 to 3 and benefits derived will therefore depend on active involvement of multiple associates whose sector leadership is accompanied by a passion to collaborate and innovate across organisational boundaries.
- Participation in the Leadership Council’s Executive Group and its working sub-committees will enable Associates to jointly shape Bionics Queensland advocacy, major projects and programs. This Leadership Council will enjoy close collaboration and provide advice to optimise the CEO’s implementation of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans. Associates will build and lead cross-disciplinary project teams and champion Bionics Queensland outcomes i.e. R&D, prototype and product developments, learning and innovation events and success stories.
- Collaborative, co-funded bionics R&D, programs and facilities to accelerate solutions for end users – Bionics Queensland will work with Sector Leaders to become visible trailblazers identifying barriers to collaboration and seeking to bust and merge silos of endeavour. It is anticipated that a diverse suite of Sector Leaders will participate as Associates in ground-breaking projects, facilities and hubs under the banner of Bionics Queensland.
- Eligibility to co-fund and co-brand a future Chair in Bionics. This appointment of a Chair in Bionics may be linked to a specific high profile bionics research project or a fast moving field of bionics research and discovery. Such appointments (one or more in line with the funds available to Bionics Queensland and Associates) will ideally sit within Bionics Queensland ‘star gates’ or fields of bionics discovery where a tenfold impact is likely from further R&D, technology developments, product innovation and related resourcing. Associates contributing annual fees of $50,000 pa may participate, aligning this appointment to Bionics Queensland’s vision and goals.
- Opportunity to collaboratively build and leverage a Queensland Bionics Innovation Centre and Human Bionics Living Laboratory. Bionics Queensland will facilitate collaboration in real and virtual environments enabling consumers of bionics solutions (current/future) to interact with researchers, inventors, product developers, manufacturers and potential investors. The collaboration platform will showcase bionics research and innovations, test bionics devices and processes and ensure end-user focused R&D informs new or improved bionics solutions and related support services. Secure matching of investors to late stage research is also intended.
- Eligibility to design, host and co-sponsor Bionics Queensland events approved by the CEO e.g. bionics consumer forums, creative innovation workshops and vertical collaboration workshops (to fast track solutions and end user access).
- Eligibility to play a leadership role in planning and staging an annual Bionics Queensland Conference or Symposium with the Chair, Board directors, CEO, other Associates and select Affiliates of Bionics Queensland.
- Participation in the development of the first ‘Bionics Queensland Roadmap and Action Plan’ outlining the State’s progress and forward plans for bionics R&D, advances in bionics engineering and related technologies, product and service development and advanced manufacturing. This plan will outline pathways to further develop a Queensland bionics cluster.
- Invitations to attend all Bionics Queensland events e.g. bionics consumer forums, creative innovation workshops and vertical collaboration workshops used to speed up the commercialisation and market release of new bionics devices, organs and treatments.
- Opportunities to align with and be featured in Bionics Queensland national and global publicity efforts on bionics science, technology, engineering, product or service breakthroughs.
- Access to information and insights on human bionics research breakthroughs, devices, technologies, products and services in the Queensland Bionics Innovation Centre and Human Bionics Living Laboratory. This will be progressively developed as a world class resource with in-built research collaboration and a secure project-investor matching platform.
- Participation in the benefit package for the Associate’s lead representative and up to four other representatives.
Fee Structure for Associates who are Sector Leaders
|Category 1 - Fees for Associates who are Sector Leaders||Annual Fee|
|Note 1: Application fee for sector leaders is set at $1,000 (subtracted from annual fees payable). Annual fees are paid in advance of the subsequent year.
Note 2: Organisations with <$5M pa in revenue should apply as appropriate within the Other Associates categories - ‘Small health, education, professional service providers and small charities’ or ‘Entrepreneurs, innovators and SMEs’
|Large hospital and health organisations, education and/or research leaders, industry and corporate leaders (with turnover of $1b pa or above)||$50,000|
|Under 1 billion pa||$40,000|
|Under $500m pa||$30,000|
|Under $250m pa||$15,000|
|Under $10m pa||$5,000|
2 – Benefits Package for all other Associates (not applying as Sector Leaders)
- Bionics Queensland Leadership Council – All Associates can provide input to Bionics Queensland projects, policies or programs through the Leadership Council. Projects will be designed to tap into the diverse skills/expertise of all Associates. For Associates who are not in the Sector Leader category, a lead representative and two other organisational representatives can register their interest and participate in any/ all projects and activities of the Bionics Queensland Leadership Council or the organisation more broadly that they see to be directly relevant to their vision, goals and expertise.
- Opportunity to brainstorm, share ideas or provide advice to the Executive Group guiding the Leadership Council. All Associates are encouraged to meet or liaise with the CEO and/or individuals on the Executive Group of the Leadership Council to outline their ideas and projects and seek assistance to secure funds/resources to successfully implement them.
- Opportunity to lead a Bionics Queensland Project Team – The Leadership Council (Executive Group) can invite any Associate to lead and champion bionics projects e.g. new R&D, device and product development, industry-wide learning events and mentoring activities. Associates will be actively encouraged to build new relationships and lead projects to ensure they fully leverage and benefit from their Bionics Queensland participation.
- Eligibility to participate in the design, development and leveraging of a real and virtual Bionics Queensland collaboration platform to accelerate bionics breakthroughs and solutions with consumers or end users.
- Eligibility to design, host, sponsor (or co-sponsor) and/or present papers or exhibit devices, technologies, products or services at Bionics Queensland conferences and events e.g. bionics consumer forums, creative innovation workshops and vertical collaboration workshops (for commercialisation skills building).
- Invitations to attend all Bionics Queensland events e.g. bionics consumer forums, creative innovation workshops and vertical collaboration workshops to speed up the transition from clinical trials to commercialisation and market release of new devices, organs and treatments.
- Opportunities to feature in Bionics Queensland national and global publicity on our region’s breakthroughs in bionics science, technology, engineering and product or service development.
- Access to news and case studies on human bionics research breakthroughs, devices, technologies, products and services in the Bionics Queensland Discovery Database.
Fee structures for other Associates (not applying as Sector Leaders):
|Category 2 - Fees for Associates who are Innovators, Scientists and Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs)||Annual Fee|
|Note: The application fee for this Associate category is set at $500 (subtracted from annual fees payable)|
|Under $5 million pa||$3,500|
|Under $2 million pa||$2,500|
|Under $1 million pa||$1,250|
|Under $500,000 pa||$750|
|Category 3 - Fees for Associates who are small health, education, professional service providers or charities||Annual Fee|
|Note: The application fee for this Associate category is set at $250 (subtracted from annual fees payable)|
|Under $5 million pa||$2,500|
|Under $2 million pa||$1,500|
|Under $1 million pa||$750|
|Under $500,000 pa||$500|